- In Bulgaria, you give an uneven number of flowers in celebrations and an even number of flowers in funerals
- In India it’s not polite to point at a person with your feet (the feet is a dirty body part)
- In India, if you call for somebody’s attention with your hand, your fingers must point down
- In India, you should never touch somebody’s head with your hands
- In India, if you are wearing white clothes it is a signal that you are wealthy
- In India, you always greet somebody with your right hand (your left hand is your “toilet” hand)
NOT CULTURAL THINGS/NOT INTERESTING
Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined.
The only man-made structure visible from the moon is the Belgian motorway system, which is visible as a small glittering spot due to the lights all along the motorway network.
Until 1965, driving was done on the left-hand side on roads in Sweden. The conversion to right-hand was done on a weekday at 5pm. All traffic stopped as people switched sides. This time and day were chosen to prevent accidents where drivers would have gotten up in the morning and been too sleepy to realize that
this was the day of the changeover.
Spain literally means ‘the land of rabbits’.
- Belgium produces 220,000 tons of chocolate per year. That’s about 22kg of chocolate per person in Belgium.
- Luckily Belgians don’t eat all of that chocolate. The Brussels’ International Airport is the World’s biggest chocolate selling point.
saudi arabia doesn’t collect taxes from the populace.
It provides free public health care.
6. It provides free public schools.
7. It pays every student enlisted in a public university a monthly stipend of about $ 264.
The average age is 18 years old.